Subject: Kodi crashed
From: Caleb Herbert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 23:21:49 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I installed Kodi on a foreign distro and it crashed.

At 4:13 PM CDT, 11/14/17, Ludovic Cortes said <https://matrix.to/#/!
wcdkLFRcyQTeOaQrke:matrix.org/$15106976292331190WWNVd:matrix.org>:
> CharlieBrown: did it crash while loading addons?

When I installed the addon, it did not crash.  Notifications said that
addons were being loaded, and Kodi said the addon was installed.  It
only crashed once I went to "Open" the addon to try it.

After it crashed, I tried restarting Kodi.  It immediately crashed.

        cal@leela:~$ kodi
        libEGL warning: DRI3: Screen seems not DRI3 capable
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 563, in <module>
            main()
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 545, in main
            known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 272, in
        addusersitepackages
            user_site = getusersitepackages()
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 247, in
        getusersitepackages
            user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 237, in getuserbase
            USER_BASE = get_config_var('userbase')
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 578, in
        get_config_var
            return get_config_vars().get(name)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 524, in
        get_config_vars
            _init_posix(_CONFIG_VARS)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 408, in
        _init_posix
            from _sysconfigdata import build_time_vars
          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_sysconfigdata.py", line 6, in
        <module>
            from _sysconfigdata_nd import *
        ImportError: No module named _sysconfigdata_nd
        /gnu/store/b8dkrbr79rj8cygw65f1gwwwig1fdwwg-profile/bin/kodi:
        line 175: 24196 Segmentation fault
        "$LIBDIR/${bin_name}/${bin_name}.bin" $SAVED_ARGS
        Crash report available
        at /home/cal/kodi_crashlog-20171114_180625.log
        
Contents of crash report:

        ############## Kodi CRASH LOG ###############
        
        ################ SYSTEM INFO ################
         Date: Tue Nov 14 18:06:25 CST 2017
         Kodi Options: 
         Arch: x86_64
         Kernel: Linux 4.4.0-93-generic #116~14.04.1+7.0trisquel1 SMP
        Mon Aug 28 17:01:09 UTC 2017
         Release: Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos
        ############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############
        
        ############### STACK TRACE #################
        gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
        ############# END STACK TRACE ###############
        
        ################# LOG FILE ##################
        
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://profile/ is
        mapped to: special://masterprofile/
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Starting Kodi
        (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20171114-nogitfound). Platform: Linux x86
        64-bit
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64
        build
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Jan  1
        1970 by GCC 5.4.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.4.47 (263215)
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Running on Trisquel
        GNU/Linux Belenos (7.0), kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version
        4.4.0-93-generic
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source:
        3.4
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel(R)
        Core(TM)2 CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, 2 cores available
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is
        mapped
        to: /gnu/store/6z7533gpqwbghhgpjsaip9wd3hlaxjmr-kodi-18.0_alpha-6-f22d62d/share/kodi
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is
        mapped
        to: /gnu/store/6z7533gpqwbghhgpjsaip9wd3hlaxjmr-kodi-18.0_alpha-6-f22d62d/lib64/kodi
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://xbmcbinaddons/
        is mapped
        to: /gnu/store/6z7533gpqwbghhgpjsaip9wd3hlaxjmr-kodi-18.0_alpha-6-f22d62d/lib64/kodi/addons
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/
        is mapped to: /home/cal/.kodi/userdata
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://envhome/ is
        mapped to: /home/cal
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://home/ is
        mapped to: /home/cal/.kodi
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://temp/ is
        mapped to: /home/cal/.kodi/temp
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: special://logpath/ is
        mapped to: /home/cal/.kodi/temp
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: The executable running
        is: /gnu/store/6z7533gpqwbghhgpjsaip9wd3hlaxjmr-kodi-18.0_alpha-6-f22d62d/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Local hostname: leela
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Log File is
        located: /home/cal/.kodi/temp//kodi.log
        18:06:23.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------
        18:06:23.644 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: load settings...
        18:06:23.667 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Found 1 Lists of Devices
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Enumerated PULSE
        devices:
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:     Device 1
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_deviceName      : Default
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_displayName     : Default
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_displayNameExtra: Default Output Device (PULSEAUDIO)
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_PCM
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_channels        : FL, FR
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_sampleRates     :
        5512,8000,11025,16000,22050,32000,44100,48000,64000,88200,96000,176400,192000,384000
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_dataFormats     :
        AE_FMT_U8,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S24NE3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_FLOAT
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_streamTypes     : No passthrough capabilities
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:     Device 2
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_deviceName      : alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_displayName     : Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_displayNameExtra: Headphones (PULSEAUDIO)
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_PCM
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_channels        : FL, FR
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_sampleRates     :
        5512,8000,11025,16000,22050,32000,44100,48000,64000,88200,96000,176400,192000,384000
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_dataFormats     :
        AE_FMT_U8,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S24NE3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_FLOAT
        18:06:23.668 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        m_streamTypes     : No passthrough capabilities
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: No settings file to load
        (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: No settings file to load
        (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Default Video Player:
        VideoPlayer
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Default Audio Player:
        paplayer
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging
        due to GUI setting. Level 0.
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Log level changed to
        "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"
        18:06:23.680 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: CMediaSourceSettings:
        loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
        18:06:23.682 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Loading player core
        factory settings from
        special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
        18:06:23.683 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory
        configuration
        18:06:23.683 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Loading player core
        factory settings from
        special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
        18:06:23.683 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist.
        Skipping.
        00:06:23.769 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Running database version
        Addons27
        00:06:24.191 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository
        repository.xbmc.org
        00:06:24.201 T:139876299794176  NOTICE: PulseAudio: Opened
        device Default in pcm mode with Buffersize 150 ms
        00:06:24.492 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
        00:06:24.611 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Using visual 0x20
        00:06:24.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = Intel Open
        Source Technology Center
        00:06:24.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mesa DRI
        Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
        00:06:24.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa
        17.2.1
        00:06:24.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:
        GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.20
        00:06:24.626 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS =
        GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color
        GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture
        GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object
        GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture
        GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters
        GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels
        GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal
        GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
        GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp
        GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod
        GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays
        GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1
        GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add
        GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
        GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color
        GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
        GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate
        GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent
        GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc
        GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
        GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
        GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos
        GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle
        GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow
        GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
        GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat
        GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
        GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_APPLE_packed_pixels
        GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program
        GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects
        GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers
        GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float
        GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert
        GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp
        GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
        GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite
        GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync
        GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
        GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
        GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float
        GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc
        GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
        GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object
        GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc
        GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
        GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
        GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
        GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_ARB_vertex_array_object
        GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_EXT_draw_buffers2
        GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters
        GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_integer
        GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer
        GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced
        GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays
        GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle
        GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle
        GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render
        GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility
        GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
        GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location
        GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex
        GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map
        GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui
        GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_EXT_provoking_vertex
        GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba
        GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_get_program_binary
        GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects
        GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3
        GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5
        GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage
        GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment
        GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_texture_storage
        GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
        GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_copy_image
        GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata
        GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding
        GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_robustness GL_ARB_buffer_storage
        GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_internalformat_query2
        GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture
        GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote
        GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge
        GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_clip_control
        GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_texture_barrier
        GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced
        GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_no_error
        00:06:24.968 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        Addons27
        00:06:24.989 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        ViewModes6
        00:06:24.995 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        Textures13
        00:06:25.020 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        MyMusic65
        00:06:25.028 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        MyVideos108
        00:06:25.037 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        TV30
        00:06:25.038 T:139876318775040  NOTICE: Running database version
        Epg11
        00:06:25.068 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: start dvd mediatype
        detection
        00:06:25.103 T:139876837296256   ERROR: Failed to load skin
        'skin.confluence'
        00:06:25.104 T:139876837296256 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to
        load skin settings
        00:06:25.104 T:139876837296256  NOTICE:   load skin
        from: /gnu/store/6z7533gpqwbghhgpjsaip9wd3hlaxjmr-kodi-18.0_alpha-6-f22d62d/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary (version: 2.0.1)
        00:06:25.180 T:139876837296256 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse
        type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
        00:06:25.250 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Register - new
        joystickemulation device registered on application->1: Keyboard
        player (0000:0000)
        00:06:25.334 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: initialize done
        00:06:25.334 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: Running the
        application...
        00:06:25.361 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: starting zeroconf
        publishing
        00:06:25.362 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]:
        Started
        00:06:25.362 T:139876837296256  NOTICE: starting upnp client
        00:06:25.392 T:139874988447488  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event
        server on port 9777
        00:06:25.392 T:139874988447488  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port
        9777 (ipv6 : true)

        ############### END LOG FILE ################
        
        ############ END Kodi CRASH LOG #############
        
Is Guix even able to handle programs that manage their own
packages/plugins?  Doesn't handling them require significant patching of
programs?  I know Guix has been able to handle Emacs packages, but has
it handled IceCat, Kodi, RetroArch, and others?