Subject: serf package (guix dependency) tests fail
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:18:30 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

While attempting to "guix environment guix" after doing a "git pull"
in my guix checkout (master), it attempted to build many packages
(bash, gcc, etc.) and failed building `serf' due to test failures:

............F.FFF.FFF.FF.FFFFF...................................

There were 14 failures:
1) test_ssl_trust_rootca: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but was <120199>
2) test_ssl_certificate_chain_with_anchor: test/test_util.c:438:
expected <0> but was <120199>
3) test_ssl_certificate_chain_all_from_server: test/test_util.c:438:
expected <0> but was <120199>
4) test_ssl_no_servercert_callback_allok: test/test_util.c:438:
expected <0> but was <120170>
5) test_ssl_large_response: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but was <120170>
6) test_ssl_large_request: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but was <120170>
7) test_ssl_client_certificate: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but
was <120170>
8) test_ssl_future_server_cert: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but
was <120199>
9) test_setup_ssltunnel: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but was <120170>
10) test_ssltunnel_basic_auth: test/test_context.c:2116: expected <0>
but was <120170>
11) test_ssltunnel_basic_auth_server_has_keepalive_off:
test/test_context.c:2116: expected <0> but was <120170>
12) test_ssltunnel_basic_auth_proxy_has_keepalive_off:
test/test_context.c:2116: expected <0> but was <120170>
13) test_ssltunnel_basic_auth_proxy_close_conn_on_200resp:
test/test_context.c:2116: expected <0> but was <120170>
14) test_ssltunnel_digest_auth: test/test_util.c:438: expected <0> but
was <120170>

!!!FAILURES!!!
Runs: 65 Passes: 51 Fails: 14

== Testing test/testcases/simple.response ==
== Testing test/testcases/chunked.response ==
== Testing test/testcases/deflate.response ==
== Testing test/testcases/chunked-trailers.response ==
== Testing test/testcases/chunked-empty.response ==
== Running the unit tests ==
ERROR: test(s) failed in test_all
scons: *** [check] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
phase `check' failed after 51.6 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/sgavfd7s3f4xixvfhdqb2nn77fvbf63q-serf-1.3.8.drv'
failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/sgavfd7s3f4xixvfhdqb2nn77fvbf63q-serf-1.3.8.drv
- 1 builder for
`/gnu/store/sgavfd7s3f4xixvfhdqb2nn77fvbf63q-serf-1.3.8.drv' failed
with exit code 1
guix build: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/sgavfd7s3f4xixvfhdqb2nn77fvbf63q-serf-1.3.8.drv' failed

This particular output was triggered by runnnig "guix build --check
serf" on a foreign distro, but I also had serf test failures on
GuixSD.

Maxim