Subject: 26.0.50; filenotify-tests.el fails on Windows (32 and 64 bits)
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 01:03:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

trunk@C:\...\test> mmake -s lisp/filenotify-tests
Testing lisp/filenotify-tests.el
Running 20 tests (2017-01-26 00:36:36+0100)
Library: `w32notify'
   passed   1/20  file-notify-test00-availability
  skipped   2/20  file-notify-test00-availability-remote
   passed   3/20  file-notify-test01-add-watch
  skipped   4/20  file-notify-test01-add-watch-remote
   passed   5/20  file-notify-test02-events
  skipped   6/20  file-notify-test02-events-remote
Reverting buffer `file-notify-test5408q2D'.
Reverting buffer `file-notify-test5408q2D'.
   passed   7/20  file-notify-test03-autorevert
  skipped   8/20  file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote
Test file-notify-test04-file-validity backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (let ((temporary-file-directory (make-temp-file "file-notify-test-pa
  (unwind-protect (let ((temporary-file-directory (make-temp-file "fil
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-194 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test04-file-validity "C
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test04-file-validity condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542300
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408RVW"
                 (nil . file-notify--test-event-handler)))))
   FAILED   9/20  file-notify-test04-file-validity
  skipped  10/20  file-notify-test04-file-validity-remote
Test file-notify-test05-dir-validity backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (progn (let ((value-269 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-")))
  (unwind-protect (progn (let ((value-269 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluat
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-250 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test05-dir-validity "Ch
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test05-dir-validity condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542240
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent54084zo"
                 (nil . ignore)))))
   FAILED  11/20  file-notify-test05-dir-validity
  skipped  12/20  file-notify-test05-dir-validity-remote
Test file-notify-test06-many-events backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (let ((n 1000) source-file-list target-file-list (default-directory
  (unwind-protect (let ((n 1000) source-file-list target-file-list (de
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-288 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test06-many-events "Che
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test06-many-events condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542336
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408F-u"
                 (nil . file-notify--test-event-handler)))))
   FAILED  13/20  file-notify-test06-many-events
  skipped  14/20  file-notify-test06-many-events-remote
   passed  15/20  file-notify-test07-backup
  skipped  16/20  file-notify-test07-backup-remote
Test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (progn (let ((value-370 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-")))
  (let* ((--cl-dir-callback-- (function (lambda (event) (let ((file-no
  (unwind-protect (let* ((--cl-dir-callback-- (function (lambda (event
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-361 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542360
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408RcK"
                 (nil closure ... ... ...)))))
   FAILED  17/20  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir
  skipped  18/20  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir-remote
  skipped  19/20  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources
  skipped  20/20  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources-remote

Ran 20 tests, 5 results as expected, 4 unexpected, 11 skipped (2017-01-26
00:38:10+0100)

4 unexpected results:
   FAILED  file-notify-test04-file-validity
   FAILED  file-notify-test05-dir-validity
   FAILED  file-notify-test06-many-events
   FAILED  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir

11 skipped results:
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test00-availability-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test01-add-watch-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test02-events-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test04-file-validity-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test05-dir-validity-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test06-many-events-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test07-backup-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources-remote

Makefile:115: recipe for target `lisp/filenotify-tests.log' failed
make[1]: *** [lisp/filenotify-tests.log] Error 1
Makefile:152: recipe for target `lisp/filenotify-tests' failed
make: *** [lisp/filenotify-tests] Error 2