Subject: Re: bug#24898: 25.1.50; tramp-histfile-override doc string states incorrect default
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Caruso <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 09:46:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.2

Brian Caruso <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Brian,

> The doc string for tramp-histfile-override is incorrect. It says the
> default is t and describes how this works but the actual default is
> ".tramp_history"

That was wrong, indeed. However, you run

> In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
>  of 2016-09-19 built on bdc34-laptop

On Mon Oct 24 2016, there was commit
31219927a9b2c5ef2f702bda245ffc306be7b1a2 to the emacs-25 branch (what
will become Emacs 25.2), fixing Bug#24478. This patch has also changed
that wrong docstring.

I'm closing this bug, therefore. Thanks for reporting!

Best regards, Michael.