Subject: Re: bug#24674: Dropbear bundled libraries
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 01:40:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 04:29:37PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> TODO:
> 1) Package libtomcrypt 1.18.2
> 2) Try building Dropbear with libtommath and libtomcrypt Guix packages

Packaging libtomcrypt is easy, but building Dropbear without using the
bundled libtom libraries is still not that simple. I tried building
Dropbear with "--disable-bundled-libtom" but the build scripts don't
automatically find the shared libraries.

My primary motivation for filing this bug was the risk of serious bugs
in the old copies of the libtom libraries.

Since Dropbear has upgraded their copies, makes enough modifications
that they think it's worth forking, and because using the external
libraries is complicated, I'm closing this bug as-is. But I'm also
leaving the comment in the Dropbear package definition.