Subject: intprops.h GL_INT_OP_WRAPV_LONGISH one too many ")"
From: "John E. Malmberg" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:30:24 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Greetings,

While building diffutils 3.5 on OpenVMS/IA64 8.4, I discovered:

  I1        5525 #  define _GL_INT_OP_WRAPV_LONGISH(a, b, r, op, overflow) \
  I1        5526     _GL_INT_OP_CALC (a, b, r, op, overflow, unsigned 
long int, \
  I1        5527                      long int, LONG_MIN, LONG_MAX))

This was tripped because the VMS limits.h file does not define LLONG_MIN 
and LLONG_MAX.

I am currently working around this issue by adding:

#define LLONG_MAX __INT64_MAX
#define LLONG_MIN __INT64_MIN

To a pre-include header file on the modules, which works for the OpenVMS 
Alpha and IA64 builds.

Regards,
-John