Subject: GNU grep matching discrepancy between -a/--text and not.
From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 15:00:12 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

as can be seen in this repository:

https://github.com/shlomif/gnu-grep-trailing-space-and-CR-on-riddles.he-false-match

GNU grep says a document it suspects to be binary matches without -a/--text and
doesn't match it or return results with that flag applied. perl sides with the
latter.

I'm on Mageia linux x86-64 v6 and have built GNU grep from the latest git
commit ( c767ed70eca9a82d76f07dcdbcaafa21ec7f86d6 ) to test.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: it seems the build system uses gperf but configure does not verify that it
exists in the path.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Interview with Ben Collins-Sussman - http://shlom.in/sussman

Can I SCO now? Sue who you wanna sue, it doesn't matter anyhoo, it's time to
litigate.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/Can-I-SCO-Now/

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .