Subject: 25.1.50; Error retrieving: http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/queue-0.1.1.el "incomprehensible buffer"
From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:41:28 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For more than one month my Emacs configuration doesn't build on Travis
CI anymore because of this:

https://travis-ci.org/mrkkrp/dot-emacs#L1722

Python script used for testing is here (this is trivial, you don't need
to speak Python to understand what it does):

https://github.com/mrkkrp/dot-emacs/blob/master/test-startup.py

I've seen this topic:

http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/package-el-problems-autoload-url-insert-buffer-contents-td376802.html

If I remember correctly this “solution” changed error message, but it's
still there. Previously my testing worked, now something is definitely
not right, and it's still not fixed.

Last successful build happened according to commit history on November
11. Maybe this may help you.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.5)
 of 2015-12-08
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11800000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: iλ

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  flycheck-color-mode-line-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  vimish-fold-global-mode: t
  vimish-fold-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  rich-minority-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cyphejor-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  modalka-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Modalka mode enabled in current buffer
Saving file /home/mark/projects/programs/svod/svod/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG...
Wrote /home/mark/projects/programs/svod/svod/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG
Git finished [2 times]
Reverting (up to) 3 file-visiting buffer(s)...
(No buffers need to be reverted)
Type C-h i to view popup manual, ? to describe an argument or action.
Running git push -v origin master:refs/heads/master [2 times]
Git finished
Quit
next-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail zygospore browse-url eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe yaml-mode shakespeare-mode css-mode
smie smartparens-html sgml-mode em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic em-banner em-alias diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso org-agenda
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ebal align sort
character-fold misearch multi-isearch rect vc vc-dispatcher haskell-doc
inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session url-util json map
haskell-hoogle haskell-font-lock smartparens-haskell haskell-mode
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module noutline
outline flymake etags xref project compile dabbrev ace-window bookmark
pp vc-git linum magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit epa epg magit-sequence magit esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
dired-x magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff derived smerge-mode
diff-mode magit-core magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm
magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color format-spec
hl-line dired aggressive-indent easy-mmode rainbow-delimiters whitespace
hl-todo flyspell ispell flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-customize mk-visual
smart-mode-line solarized-dark-theme solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex
mk-shakespeare mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp
mk-js mk-ibuffer mk-html mk-haskell flycheck find-func rx mk-gnus
mk-eshell mk-erc mk-elisp mk-dired mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive
mk-calendar mk-c mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl
whole-line-or-region vimish-fold paren rich-minority minibuf-eldef
ido-vertical-mode ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit ido seq highlight-line autorevert filenotify time
delsel cyphejor ace-popup-menu smartparens-config smartparens thingatpt
mk-global modalka quail edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring mk-python misc
server mk-utils subr-x f dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site
fix-word advice slime-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 626257 175775)
 (symbols 48 50963 32)
 (miscs 40 1619 3732)
 (strings 32 129570 50881)
 (string-bytes 1 3825477)
 (vectors 16 77393)
 (vector-slots 8 1937075 148483)
 (floats 8 604 2400)
 (intervals 56 860 1768)
 (buffers 976 38)
 (heap 1024 89506 17511))