Subject: chicken tests do not complete gcc compilation
From: Royce Strange <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:26:29 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

For chicken 4.9.0.1, it looks like this may have been an upstream bug.
Looking at some of Recardo Wurmus's notes
for some tweaks to chicken back then:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/chicken-hackers/2015-04/msg00063.html
Seems to line up with a some chicken bugs reported back then:
https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1120
https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1098
(and have been addressed upstream) 

It has been a while and chicken scheme is now at 5.2.0
It is currently building on cuirass:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2339572/details

I am also able to build it locally:
-----
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 2971ed57345ee4e00058efeaf27c6a0790fdc9dd

$ guix build chicken --no-substitute
-----

Going to go ahead and close.