Subject: left-clicking on a link: 2 browsers or a warning
From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:33:13 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
(commit 251fac2)

I can reliable reproduce the following issues with "emacs -Q".  (I'm
mentioning them in the same bug report because I suspect they're
related.)

When viewing an HTML email using shr, when I left-click on a link, Gnus
starts 2 browsers and directs each to the URL for the link.

When viewing a plaintext email that contains a URL, when I left-click
on the URL, Gnus starts a browser for that URL okay, but I also get a
message like

  Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Article gnu.emacs.gnus*>

In both cases (HTML, plaintext) middle-clicking on the link/URL works
okay.

With Emacs 24.5, I only get 1 browser (HTML email) and no error message
(plaintext email).