Subject: Re: bug#21798: 25.0.50; [PATCH] Add support for retrieving paths to JSON elements
From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
To: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 22:12:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thank you, but since `json-read' needs an optional argument in this 
> case (which is not trivial to describe), I'd rather we go back to the 
> previous patch.
> 
> How about renaming json-pre-read-function to 
> json-pre-element-read-function, maybe? And same for the other one.
> 
> If you're fine with that, please install the result. (Or without the 
> rename, it's up to you).

I installed the previous patch with the renaming you suggested.

Thanks for your reviews!

By the way, if you find the time, could you give bug #21616 a quick
look as well? It teaches the JSON encoder how to sort objects by their
keys. I think it would be nice to get it in before the feature freeze,
since it's the last piece of the puzzle to enable the new json-mode to
achieve feature parity with the old one.

-- Simen