Subject: 25.0.50; Bottom of screen cut off in full screen mode on OS X
From: Svend Sorensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:44:59 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The Emacs screen gets shifted down in full screen mode, with the
minibuffer and part of the mode line off the visible screen.

To reproduce:

- From the emacs sourc directory, run
  `./nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q`
- Press F11 to enter full screen mode
- Entire Emacs screen is visible at this point
- Switch to another non-Emacs application (Command-Tab)
- Switch back to Emacs
- The Emacs screen is now shifted down. There is a black bar across the
  top of the screen, and the minibuffer is off-screen.

Screenshots are attached. The first two show the top and bottom of the
screen before the problem occurs. The third shows the black bar at the
top of the screen. The fourth shows the mode-line and minibuffer
partially cut off.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17
Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F27))
 of 2015-10-27
Repository revision: e166a701dd6263f29d9787deaf53d93f27557baa
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=//Users/ssorensen/local/emacs/HEAD
 --with-file-notification=gfile --with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-gnutls
 --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: The mark is not set now, so there is no region
Quit
C-x C-g is undefined
Quit
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote gfilenotify cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80649 7132)
 (symbols 48 18797 0)
 (miscs 40 39 126)
 (strings 32 13186 4701)
 (string-bytes 1 374339)
 (vectors 16 10625)
 (vector-slots 8 400447 8024)
 (floats 8 126 216)
 (intervals 56 273 21)
 (buffers 976 12))