Subject: Re: bug#21035: 24.4; Window controls missing
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Rick Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:26:27 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Rick Stanley <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I shutdown a W510 Thinkpad laptop the previous night with several
>> applications open, using the normal shutdown method.  Upon startup this
>> morning, all applications open when shutdown, opened again.  All open
>> normally but emacs 24 was missing the controls on the top left and top
>> right.  I have an image that shows the whole window, attached.  Doing a [File]
>> [Close] then restarting the app, the controls are present.  I have had
>> this problem many times, although sometimes emacs does start correctly.
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately not gotten
> any responses.)
>
> If you're still seeing this problem:
>
> What controls (on the top left and top right) were missing?  Nothing
> looked obviously wrong in the attached image to me.

More information was requested, but none was given within 1 year, so I'm
closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this email
(use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the bug
report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas