Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#21023: --no-dereference
From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
To: Rodrigo Valiña Gutiérrez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:54:44 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 21023 notabug
thanks

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Rodrigo Valiña Gutiérrez
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> --no-dereference appears in 'diff --help' and 'info diffutils', but
> not in 'man diff'.

Thanks for the report, but that is unlikely to be a problem with this
upstream diffutils package, since the man page (diff.1) is
automatically generated from the output of diff --help, and the build
machinery to do that has been in place for over a decade. I would
suspect whatever installed your diff man pages or the configuration of
your "man(1)" program -- maybe it is searching in the wrong place.

I'm closing the auto-generated ticket in our bug-tracking system, but
please reply here (we'll still see it) if you think there is something
we can improve on this front.