Subject: Re: bug#18896: regressions in coreutils 8.23 on Yosemite
From: Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>
To: Jack Howarth <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 04:01:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

unarchive 18896
stop

On 03/11/14 21:58, Jack Howarth wrote:
> passes 'make' but the 'make check' produces 9 failures...
> 
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  3918 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-getlogin_r
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  3925 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-getopt
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  4246 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-linkat
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  5143 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-readlinkat
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  5498 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-snprintf-posix
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  5522 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-sprintf-posix
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  6031 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-unlinkat
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  6225 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-vsnprintf-posix
> ../build-aux/test-driver: line 107:  6238 Abort trap: 6           "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: test-vsprintf-posix

FYI coreutils + gnulib tests are now passing on Yosemite.
Fixes include:

http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=coreutils.git;a=commitdiff;h=67db18c

http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=c9cfa07
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=c79f352
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=e176ee0
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=70e0e9e
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=b650986
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=4f3dc0b
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=c8e57ce

Pádraig.