Subject: Re: bug#17224: UBUNTU 13.02 PROGRAMM-PROBLEM with : /dev/mapper/cryptswap1/
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: Hans-Josef DISSE <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:14:31 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tag 17224 + notabug
thanks

There seems to be some confusion.  You have submitted a bug to the GNU
coreutils project.  Messages to bug-coreutils opens a bug ticket.
This is normally associated with a bug report about one of the
programs in the GNU coreutils program suite.

But you are not reporting anything that seems like a bug in a
coreutils utility.  Instead you seem to be having some problem with
LVM.  Or gparted.  Or Ubuntu.  I don't know.  I couldn't tell.  You
didn't say what you were doing!

Hans-Josef DISSE wrote:
> Please send help, how to switch on devices /dev/mapper/cryptswap1/ ????

What do you mean when you say "switch on devices".  That doesn't mean
anything to me.

> TERMINAL says: not alowed , you are not root !!!

What did you do to receive that message?  If you don't say in your
email then no one reading it will know.

That reads like exactly what it says it means.  It reads like a
permission denied message.  Normally devices such as the ones in
/dev/mapper are owned by root and you will need to be the root user in
order to access them.

For your question to make sense you will need to include the command
you used and the output it produced.

I am pretty sure that whatever you are asking about is not going to be
a bug report about a GNU coreutils program.

> Please send open_CODE for TERMINAL and root....

Sorry but your message does not make sense.  Since you say you are
using Ubuntu I think you will have better luck asking questions on the
ubuntu users mailing list.

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/

There is also the IRC channels for interactive communication.

  http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/chat

> What is than the next CODE for connecting devices/mapper and cryptswaw1 ????
> devices are new loaded and ok
> UIDD is ok means kernel syslog!

What are you doing?

> Only one step left says: gparted test, Software is ok and new installed over 
> UBUNTU Software-Center 
> Other software works 1-st class...also USN-Internet.Stick HUAWAI 3135 >HIGH SPEED

What are you doing?

> I am using only MAXDATA Pentium >M< Prozesser,in MAXDATA pro 6000 i
> Modell, normal kernel 1,73 MHZ Speed with new SAMSUNG RAM 2 GB in
> DDR2 RAM Model
> Runs 1-st class eith new Drive-memory 40GB

Although the above may seem useful to you to most people it is not
very useful information.

> Videos and Radio is ok.
> e.mailing is ok

What are you doing?

> only NOT: /dev/mapper/cryptswap1/  

What are you doing?

> Please send HELP and CODE for root and devices/mapper opening or connencting.

What are you doing?

There is a document that people often suggest to read for people who
are new to asking questions.  Please read this reference.

  http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

If you follow it then it will help you to help us to help you.

> Thank you very much.
> Enjoy UBUNTU, I love it.... 

Good luck!

Bob