Subject: Re: bug#15094: Fix for posix_memalign on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:11:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 8/14/2013 12:22 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> Cygwin allows applications to supply their own malloc but not, until
> today, their own posix_memalign.  This has caused problems with the GTK
> build of Emacs on Cygwin.  The problem became worse with the latest Glib
> update.  Anyone who wants the gory details can find them starting here:
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2013-08/msg00018.html
>
> Cygwin was just patched today to allow applications to supply their own
> posix_memalign (but not their own memalign), which solves the Glib
> problem.  But posix_memalign in gmalloc.c calls memalign, so I need to
> make sure that it calls Emacs's memalign.  The attached patch does this.
>   Is this a reasonable way to handle the problem?  (I plan to also add
> an explanatory comment.)

I made this more complicated than necessary.  I've installed a simpler 
version as bzr revision 113880, and I'm closing the bug.

Ken