Subject: Re: bug#14371: Argument --parents ignores default ACLs
From: Bernhard Voelker <[email-masked]>
To: Killer Bassist <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 21:36:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tag 14371 notabug
thanks

On 05/08/2013 07:41 PM, Killer Bassist wrote:
> It appears that -p is actually using the umask where without -p it uses the
> defaults =)

Thanks for the bug report.  However we've seen a very similar one
just a few days ago (http://bugs.gnu.org/14249).

This is the behavior required by POSIX:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/mkdir.html

You can read more in the above mentioned bug report.  Meanwhile,
I'm closing this bug, but you're free to continue discussion if
you have further questions.

Have a nice day,
Berny