Subject: mac os 10.8 rendering problems
From: Bob Smith <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:35:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Greetings,

I hope this bug report is useful. I can trigger this bug by setting a large
default font size, and simply starting emacs.

When I do this, emacs starts with a frame that is completely blank. No
modeline, no cursor, no text, no minibuf. I have attached a screenshot of
what it looks like. Typing in this frame or resizing it does not fix
anything.

If I create a new frame, I can see the modeline, but its location is such
that it is half showing and half cut off below the edge of the frame, and
the minibuf is also hidden. I have attached a screenshot of this as well.
In this configuration, resizing the frame fixes the placement of the
minibuf and modeline.

I am using the emacs I downloaded from emacsformacosx.com.

My .emacs looks like this:

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 )
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "White" :foreground
"Black" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil
:underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 180 :width normal
:foundry "apple" :family "Monaco")))))