Subject: Re: bug#12263: 24.2; c-at-expression-start-p
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 16:43:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Leo.

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 10:57:25 +0800, Leo Liu wrote:
> On 2019-11-01 11:26 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > Leo, can you remember at all what (if anything) you were using this
> > function for?

> I used it once in my init script. But

> > Given that it appears to be wholly unused, I'm inclined to mark this
> > function as obsolete or deprecated, and then to remove it later.  It
> > doesn't seem to be worth the trouble to make it work properly.  The same
> > might also apply to the function c-at-statement-start-p.

I've marked c-at-expression-start-p as obsolete.  I've got rid of a
formerly obsolete function entirely (might as well).
c-at-statement-start-p is actually used quite a bit in CC Mode, so it
stays.  ;-)

> I can live with this change. Thanks for asking.

I'm closing the bug with this post.

> Leo

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).