Subject: 28.2; Crash when editing TODO line with malformed tag
From: Patrick Brennan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:54:53 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: Patrick Brennan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 28.2; Crash when editing TODO line with malformed tag
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:53:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

1. Create or open a .org file with a top-level TODO item, e.g.:

* TODO Do something special

2. Add a malformed tag by typing, so the line looks like this:

* TODO Do something special :to-do:zoom:

You will notice that Emacs/Org-mode doesn't highlight the tags. Also
note that the tag "to-do" is malformed; tags aren't allowed to contain
dashes.

3. Add a good tag by using C-c C-q, type "todo" and hit enter. Your line
should now look like this:

* TODO Do something  :to-do:zoom:
 :todo:

4. Now put your cursor on the first colon on the line (col 21) and hit
C-d repeatedly to delete the "tags" you placed earlier.

5. Crash!

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.35,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2023-03-19, modified by Debian built on kokoro-ubuntu
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101005
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux rodete

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/google-emacs:/usr/local/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/google-emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/site-lisp:/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --program-prefix=google-
 --disable-silent-rules GOOGLE_VERSION=28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/google-emacs:/usr/local/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/google-emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/site-lisp:/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --program-prefix=google-
 --disable-silent-rules GOOGLE_VERSION=28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252
 --with-cairo --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/google-emacs-81DL9e/google-emacs-28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  google-emacs-support-show-upgrade-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  google3-build-global-integrate-build-manipulation-mode: t
  google3-build-integrate-build-manipulation-mode: t
  google-kg-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/f/f-shortdoc
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/f/google/f-shortdoc
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/async/dired-async
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/async-1.9.7/dired-async
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/async/smtpmail-async
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/async-1.9.7/smtpmail-async
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/async/async
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/async-1.9.7/async
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/async/async-bytecomp
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/async-1.9.7/async-bytecomp
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-css
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-css
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-bbdb
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-bbdb
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-abbrev
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-abbrev
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-ispell
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-ispell
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-oddmuse
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-oddmuse
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-cmake
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-cmake
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-tempo
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-tempo
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-nxml
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-nxml
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-tng
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-tng
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-keywords
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-keywords
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-dabbrev
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-dabbrev
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-template
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-template
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-capf
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-capf
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-dabbrev-code
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-dabbrev-code
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-clang
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-clang
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-yasnippet
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-yasnippet
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-semantic
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-semantic
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-gtags
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-gtags
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-files
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-files
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-elisp
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-elisp
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/company_mode/company-etags
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/company-0.9.13/company-etags
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/dash/dash
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/dash-2.19.1/dash
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/epl/epl
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/epl-0.9/epl
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/f/f
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/f-0.20.0/f
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/ht/ht
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/ht-2.3/ht
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/lv/lv
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/lv-0.15.0/lv
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/markdown_mode/markdown-mode
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/markdown-mode-2.5/markdown-mode
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/memoize/memoize
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/memoize-1.1/memoize
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/pkg_info/pkg-info
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/pkg-info-0.6/pkg-info
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/popup/popup
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/popup-0.5.8/popup
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/s/s
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/s-1.12.0/s
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/spinner/spinner
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/spinner-1.7.4/spinner
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/yasnippet/yasnippet
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/elpa/yasnippet-0.14.0/yasnippet
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/jsonrpc/jsonrpc
hides /usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/jsonrpc
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/transient/lisp/transient
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/transient
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/project/project
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/progmodes/project
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/flymake/flymake
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/xref/xref
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/progmodes/xref
/usr/share/google-emacs/site-lisp/emacs-google-config/third_party/elisp/eldoc/eldoc
hides
/usr/share/google-emacs/28.2+gg10+1.20230320.053433.rc252/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail markdown-mode edit-indirect
color org-duration diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso vc-fig vc-hg
diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher org-element avl-tree ol-eww eww url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch
face-remap org-agenda org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ol org-compat org-macs edmacro
kmacro time battery dbus ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit pp
wid-edit minibuf-eldef ido xml cus-load finder-inf autorevert filenotify
google google-emacs-support editorconfig google-log gud easy-mmode
url-sso google3-build-fn google-imports google3 compile google-gud
google-comint google-kg google-trailing-whitespace google-coding-style
python-custom sh-script smie executable python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec js imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs google-codemaker google-process google-emacs-utilities advice
with-editor shell pcomplete server compat compat-29 f f-shortdoc
shortdoc text-property-search dash s aio generator
emacs-google-config-loaddefs pcase google-paths xdg google-platform sql
view thingatpt comint ansi-color ring comp comp-cstr warnings rx
cl-extra help-mode package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 459641 33881)
 (symbols 48 32879 1)
 (strings 32 122158 9499)
 (string-bytes 1 4752198)
 (vectors 16 65089)
 (vector-slots 8 1740541 240563)
 (floats 8 540 210)
 (intervals 56 2134 0)
 (buffers 992 15))