Subject: 23.3; SIGSEGV in XtInitializeWidgetClass
From: David Kuehling <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 13:00:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I tried built emacs 23.3 on Debian Squeeze (stable) on MIPSEL.  Now I'm
hitting the SIGSEGV in XtInitializeWidgetClass that is described in
etc/PROBLEMS.

Full configure&build log attached, looks like -z nocombreloc is in fact
passed to the linker. Also attached is a gdb backtrace and disassembly
around the location of the crash.

I can hand out ssh login accounts to the machine in question if somebody
wants to do some in-depth debugging.

cheers,

David

In GNU Emacs 23.3.2 (mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2011-11-02 on mosquito
configured using `configure  'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=loongson2f''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win emacsbug sgml-mode jka-compr dired sh-script executable
perl-mode make-mode message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash vc-dispatcher vc-svn conf-mode newcomment view noutline outline
easy-mmode delsel which-func imenu type-break paren recentf tree-widget
rcirc pc-select complete iswitchb ido grep compile comint ring gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit cwarn cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt time desktop
cus-start cus-load server advice help-fns advice-preload tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)
-- 
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk.gpg
Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

No stack.
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/emacs 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x2abb0e80 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
#0  0x2abb0e80 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
#1  0x2abb2298 in _XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
#2  0x2abb2750 in XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
#3  0x004da518 in x_window ()
#4  0x004dfd30 in Fx_create_frame ()
#5  0x005952c8 in Ffuncall ()
#6  0x005da544 in Fbyte_code ()
#7  0x00594c84 in funcall_lambda ()
#8  0x00595064 in Ffuncall ()
#9  0x005da544 in Fbyte_code ()
#10 0x00594c84 in funcall_lambda ()
#11 0x00595064 in Ffuncall ()
#12 0x005da544 in Fbyte_code ()
#13 0x00594c84 in funcall_lambda ()
#14 0x00595064 in Ffuncall ()
#15 0x005da544 in Fbyte_code ()
#16 0x00594c84 in funcall_lambda ()
#17 0x00595064 in Ffuncall ()
#18 0x005da544 in Fbyte_code ()
#19 0x00594c84 in funcall_lambda ()
#20 0x00593ef0 in apply_lambda ()
#21 0x0059425c in Feval ()
#22 0x00593070 in internal_condition_case ()
#23 0x00517d08 in top_level_1 ()
#24 0x005931ac in internal_catch ()
#25 0x00517df4 in command_loop ()
#26 0x005182ec in recursive_edit_1 ()
#27 0x0051848c in Frecursive_edit ()
#28 0x00509dcc in main ()
$1 = (void (*)()) 0x2abb0e80 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+332>
A syntax error in expression, near `'.
Dump of assembler code from 0x2abb0e70 to 0x2abb0e90:
0x2abb0e70 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+316>:	beq	v1,a0,0x2abb0e90 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+348>
0x2abb0e74 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+320>:	li	s5,111
0x2abb0e78 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+324>:	beq	v1,v0,0x2abb0e90 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+348>
0x2abb0e7c <XtInitializeWidgetClass+328>:	li	s5,239
0x2abb0e80 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+332>:	lw	v1,0(v1)
0x2abb0e84 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+336>:	nop
0x2abb0e88 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+340>:	bnez	v1,0x2abb0e48 <XtInitializeWidgetClass+276>
0x2abb0e8c <XtInitializeWidgetClass+344>:	li	s5,1
End of assembler dump.
quit
A debugging session is active.

	Inferior 1 [process 14771] will be killed.

Quit anyway? (y or n)