Subject: Random backtrace from gnus-article-stop-animations
From: [email-masked] (Dave Goldberg)
To: [email-masked] (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:52:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since doing a git pull last week, after three weeks vacation during
which I did not do any updates (so roughly somewhere between 20 June
and 11 July; I am pretty sure that I noticed
gnus-article-stop-animations listed as new in the changelog in that
timeframe) I sometimes get into a situation in which attempting to
open any article results in this backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp ("run-at-time<5>" 1 1 article-update-date-lapsed nil t nil (0 0 0)))
  gnus-article-stop-animations()
  gnus-article-setup-buffer()
  gnus-article-prepare(112249 nil)
  gnus-summary-display-article(112249 nil)
  gnus-summary-select-article(nil force)
  gnus-summary-show-article(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-show-article)

The only recourse is to kill xemacs and start over.  I cannot figure
out what triggers it.  I may go a day or two without experiencing it
at all and then, like today, have it hit me three times in a couple
hours.

Sometimes the argument in the backtrace refers to a different timer,
such as the one that determines how long to cache my certificate
passphrase.

No Gnus v0.18
XEmacs 21.4 (patch 22) "Instant Classic" [Lucid] (x86_64-unknown-linux, Mule) of Wed Sep  9 2009 on davestoy

Thanks,
-- 
Dave Goldberg
[email-masked]