Subject: 23.0.60; window height 2 too small (after splitting)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:27:53 -0700

emacs -Q
 
Manually resize the frame so that it is only a few lines high.
 
Do almost anything that would normally display another buffer, whether
in the same window or by splitting the window. For example, do C-h f
display buffer or do C-x C-b.
 
You get an error message with the subject line, and no buffer is
displayed. In fact, I tried to send a bug report with the same small
frame size, and the *mail* buffer got filled with (only) the error
message.
 
This is worse than useless, and represents a regression. If the window
cannot be split for some reason, then Emacs should do as it did
before: either use the same window or create a new frame.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-08-29 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'