Subject: Re: bug#8785: 24.0.50; progress-reporter shows percentage with no space
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:34:47 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> should be fixed `progress-reporter-do-update', or should every
>> program that uses `make-progress-reporter' add SPC to the first
>> argument?

> I'd tend to say "better fix it in make-progress-reporter", but it might
> be too late to change it.

I felt optimistic, so I'm going to install the patch below (as soon as
bzr.sv.gnu.org comes back to life),

        Stefan

=== modified file 'lisp/subr.el'
--- lisp/subr.el	2011-06-01 14:19:45 +0000
+++ lisp/subr.el	2011-06-02 14:31:56 +0000
@@ -3702,6 +3702,8 @@
 `float-time' is not present, time is not tracked at all.  If the
 OS is not capable of measuring fractions of seconds, this
 parameter is effectively rounded up."
+  (when (string-match "[[:alnum:]]\\'" message)
+    (setq message (concat message "...")))
   (unless min-time
     (setq min-time 0.2))
   (let ((reporter