Subject: 24.0.50; isearch broken in Info when you hit a note
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:43:00 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
C-h i, choose Elisp manual
g Intro to Minibuffers
 
Put put somewhere before the note in paragraph "Use of the
minibuffer...".
 
C-s C-w C-w... - keep repeating C-w.
 
As soon as you get to the note, it gets stuck and won't go past the note
text.  It just keeps accumulating the token `*note'.  Example search
string:
 
use of the minibuffer reads input events, and that alters the values
of variables such as `this-command' and `last-command'
(*note*note*note*note*note*note

Each time you hit C-w you get another `*note' added to the search string.  You
never get the note text added, and you never get past the note to accumulate
text after it.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-05-23 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'