Subject: 24.0.50; reverting image-mode files does not update all frames
From: Andreas Politz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:44:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

(auto-)reverting buffers in image-mode does not redisplay the new image
in other frames and I think should.  The image-after-revert-hook in
image-mode.el could be made to redraw all frames, not merely the one
auto-revert (e.g.) is running from, no ?

A. Politz

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-04-08 on builder1-tc2ams, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20110408-1+squeeze)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--without-compress-info' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-imagemagick=yes' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p C-l C-x n w C-x 5 1 C-x 4 b i m a <tab> . <tab> 
<return> C-x o C-x b l o s d . l <tab> <return> <backspace> 
C-c C-c C-x 3 C-x C-o b C-/ C-x 4 b C-g C-x 4 C-o l 
<backspace> i m a g e . p n g <return> C-c C-c C-x 
o C-x b i m a <tab> . p n g <return> C-- C-x o C-x 
o M-x a u M-p <return> C-- C-x o 0 C-c C-c <backspace> 
C-c C-c 0 C-c C-c C-x b r e <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
f i <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
i m <tab> <tab> - m o <tab> <return> C-l C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-M-a C-M-SPC M-w C-x b . e m <tab> <return> M-> 
M-; f i x e s SPC C-j C-j C-y C-p M-m C-f m a p c SPC 
' C-M-f M-f M-b M-d C-d M-f - l i s t C-f C-x C-e C-e 
) <backspace> C-n C-M-b C-M-x C-x o C-x 5 2 <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-x 1 
C-x b l o s <tab> l u <tab> <return> C-b C-d C-c C-c 
C-x b f i <tab> <return> C-u C-SPC C-x 1 C-l C-M-a 
C-M-f C-M-a C-s s e l e <return> C-M-a M-x i m e n 
u <return> r e v e r t - b u f f e r <return> C-x n 
d C-v C-v C-l M-v C-l C-v C-v C-l M-v C-l C-x b C-g 
C-s C-g C-x n w C-s r e v e r t - C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-g C-x b i m <tab> <tab> - m <tab> <return> C-M-SPC 
M-w M-x r e p o <tab> r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/politza/.emacs
Compilation finished
Reverting buffer `image.png'.
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Mark set [2 times]
Quit [3 times]
Making completion list...
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util
mail-prsvr edebug goto-addr two-column autorevert follow mule-util
make-mode info haskell-font-lock haskell-mode ispell bookmark pp
thingatpt imenu server skeleton autoinsert browse-url lua-mode
face-remap cus-start cus-load quail org-table org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp advice advice-preload ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-complete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tabify man
assoc image-mode sh-script executable jka-compr find-func help-fns
edmacro kmacro wdired calc-undo calc-misc calc-aent calc-yank calc-ext
calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs reposition apropos avoid shell
newcomment iso-transl dabbrev cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs multi-isearch dired-aux
grep compile comint ring dired regexp-opt debug help-mode easymenu view
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)