Subject: 24.0.50; revno: 103764, nsterm.m does not compile
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:38:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Gcc-4.2 reports:

	nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_update_auto_hide_menu_bar’:
	nsterm.m:600: error: ‘NSApplicationPresentationOptions’ undeclared  
(first use in this function)
	nsterm.m:600: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
	nsterm.m:600: error: for each function it appears in.)
	nsterm.m:600: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘options’
	nsterm.m:604: error: ‘options’ undeclared (first use in this function)
	nsterm.m:604: error: ‘NSApplicationPresentationAutoHideMenuBar’  
undeclared (first use in this function)
	nsterm.m:606: warning: no ‘-setPresentationOptions:’ method found
	nsterm.m:606: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
	nsterm.m:606: warning: will be assumed to return ‘id’ and accept
	nsterm.m:606: warning: ‘...’ as arguments.)
	nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView conversationIdentifier]’:
	nsterm.m:4869: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(long  
int)conversationIdentifier’
	/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h: 
23: warning: previous declaration of ‘- 
(NSInteger)conversationIdentifier’

In the "AppKit" Emacs 23.3 src/macappkit.h has:

	#if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED < 1060
	enum {
	  NSApplicationPresentationDefault			= 0,
	  NSApplicationPresentationAutoHideDock			= 1 << 0,
	  NSApplicationPresentationHideDock			= 1 << 1,
	  NSApplicationPresentationAutoHideMenuBar		= 1 << 2,
	  NSApplicationPresentationHideMenuBar			= 1 << 3,
	  NSApplicationPresentationDisableAppleMenu		= 1 << 4,
	  NSApplicationPresentationDisableProcessSwitching	= 1 << 5,
	  NSApplicationPresentationDisableForceQuit		= 1 << 6,
	  NSApplicationPresentationDisableSessionTermination	= 1 << 7,
	  NSApplicationPresentationDisableHideApplication	= 1 << 8
	};
	typedef NSUInteger NSApplicationPresentationOptions;
	
	@interface NSApplication (AvailableOn1060AndLater)
	- (void)setPresentationOptions: 
(NSApplicationPresentationOptions)newOptions;
	- (void)registerUserInterfaceItemSearchHandler: 
(id<NSUserInterfaceItemSearching>)handler;
	- (BOOL)searchString:(NSString *)searchString  
inUserInterfaceItemString:(NSString *)stringToSearch
		 searchRange:(NSRange)searchRange foundRange:(NSRange *)foundRange;
	@end
	#endif

Mac OS X 10.5.8, PPC.

--
Greetings

   Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to  
live!