Subject: Re: bug#7911: 24.0.50; Please let icalendar.el export fancy diary entries to .ics files
From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
To: robsonhill <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 20:03:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]> writes:

> robsonhill <[email-masked]> writes:
>> When fancy diary display is on, sexp diary entries cause special info
>> to show up in the diary.  For example, these entries call predefined
>> Emacs functions that make useful info to members of certain religions
>> show up in the diary display:  %%(diary-sunrise-sunset),
>> %%(diary-lunar-phases), %%(diary-islamic-date), and
>> %%(diary-hebrew-sabbath-candles).
>>
>> I would like icalendar.el to export such diary entries as iCalendar
>> events please.
>
> Thanks for explaining. This seems quite reasonable -- I will have a look.

"Fancy" sexp diary entries will now be enumerated over a period of time,
generating one iCalendar entry for each matching day.  The variables
`icalendar-export-sexp-enumeration-days' and
`icalendar-export-sexp-enumerate-all' have been introduced for
controlling this.

Entries like `diary-hebrew-date' which have been ignored before will now
be enumerated so that there appears one iCalendar event per day showing
the current hebrew date.

Other entries like `diary-anniversary' will be converted to "proper"
recurring iCalendar events just like before.  However, enumeration can
be forced with `icalendar-export-sexp-enumerate-all'.

Fixed in the trunk, rev. 117682.