Subject: 23.2.92; --fullscreen, --maximized
From: Francis Wright <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:37:02 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,

not to your local site managers!

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers

usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list

and the gnu.emacs.bug news group, and at http://debbugs.gnu.org.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug

and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give

a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Execute "runemacs --fullscreen" at a Windows command prompt. I would

expect that Emacs would open filling the screen, more or less, apart

from the taskbar, but it doesn't. The Emacs window is about 20% too

short, it is the width of the full screen but hides under the taskbar

(which I have along the right side) and the top left corner of the

window is below and to the right of the top left corner of the screen.

Replacing "--fullscreen" with "--maximized" behaves similarly and the

window is certainly not maximized because I can still maximize it by

clicking on the maximize button at the top right corner of the window.

If I add "-q" or "-Q" to the command line then "--fullscreen" and

"--maximized" both seem to be ignored completely, with one exception:

"runemacs -q --fullscreen" and "runemacs -q --maximized" both cause the

Emacs logo to be positioned at the right side of the window so that half

of it is outside the window, instead of being centred.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,

please include the output from the following gdb commands:

    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.

For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file

c:/Emacs/emacs-23.2.92/etc/DEBUG.

 

In GNU Emacs 23.2.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)

of 2011-01-16 on 3249CTO

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:

  show-paren-mode: t

  recentf-mode: t

  delete-selection-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  column-number-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se

nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:

Loading delsel...done

Loading recentf...done

Loading paren...done

Loading c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.recentf...done

Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:

c:/Users/fjw/Emacs/site-lisp/whitespace hides
c:/Emacs/emacs-23.2.92/lisp/whitespace

c:/Users/fjw/Emacs/site-lisp/ls-lisp hides
c:/Emacs/emacs-23.2.92/lisp/ls-lisp

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec

password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231

rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc

time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util

hashcash mail-utils emacsbug saveplace uniquify advice help-fns

advice-preload paren recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu delsel

cus-start cus-load server tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type

mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset

image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select

scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core

frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai

tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european

ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help

simple abbrev button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties

overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget

hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)