Subject: 30.1; Functions described in manual are not available
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2025 15:27:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, In (info "(elisp) Predicates on Numbers")

 -- Function: plusp number
     This predicate tests whether its argument is positive, and returns
     ‘t’ if so, ‘nil’ otherwise.  The argument must be a number.

 -- Function: minusp number
     This predicate tests whether its argument is negative, and returns
     ‘t’ if so, ‘nil’ otherwise.  The argument must be a number.

 -- Function: oddp integer
     This predicate tests whether its argument is an odd number, and
     returns ‘t’ if so, ‘nil’ otherwise.  The argument must be an
     integer.

 -- Function: evenp integer
     This predicate tests whether its argument is an even number, and
     returns ‘t’ if so, ‘nil’ otherwise.  The argument must be an
     integer.

All these functions are available in cl-lib with "cl-" prefix (not a
scoop, it's always been the case), but not without:

M-: (evenp 2)
eval: Symbol's function definition is void: evenp

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2025-02-24 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Linux Mint 21.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --bindir=/usr/local/sbin/emacs-30.1 --with-cairo
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --without-tree-sitter
 --without-native-compilation --disable-gc-mark-trace'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tv-save-place-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite epa-mail mail-extr helm-ring emacsbug
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace helm-info nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnfolder epa-file network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache helm-ls-git vc-git
markdown-mode color flycheck vc vc-dispatcher cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs org-indent
oc-basic cl-extra org-element org-persist org-id org-refile
org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-config
ob-gnuplot org-crypt org-protocol org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
org-compat org-macs bug-reference thingatpt cus-start naquadah-tv-theme
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs server imenu tv-utils psession frameset
mail-config gnus-patch diff-mode track-changes addressbook-bookmark
message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
bookmark git-gutter pcase avoid dired-extension time winner
describe-variable help-fns radix-tree tv-save-place.el init-helm epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-descbinds cus-edit pp
cus-load wid-edit helm-sys helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc helm-files
image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util
image-mode exif filenotify tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date tramp-loaddefs helm-buffers helm-x-icons all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ring helm-regexp format-spec ansi-color helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads helm-autoloads helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async async dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs isl-autoloads mb-depth gcmh easy-mmode
all-the-icons-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads emms-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads info ledger-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 890079 922669) (symbols 48 38027 11)
 (strings 32 214313 45188) (string-bytes 1 5496662) (vectors 16 90705)
 (vector-slots 8 897968 1154426) (floats 8 2284 1121)
 (intervals 56 71017 2408) (buffers 984 113))

-- 
Thierry