Subject: 30.0.92; remapped command's docstring still claims to have menu invocation
From: Jake <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 12:19:33 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello

From emacs -Q, evaluate
  (keymap-global-set "<remap> <list-buffers>" #'ibuffer)
then C-h f list-buffers RET

The docstring includes:

"Its keys are remapped to ‘ibuffer’.  Without this remapping, it would
be bound to C-x C-b.
It can also be invoked from the menu: Buffers → List All Buffers"

It cannot be invoked from the menu as the menu item is also remapped.

Thanks
Jake

In GNU Emacs 30.0.92 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Guix System

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/m0xdsa8cfq6mq1kxgxmpmpg71la4f0b9-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/m0xdsa8cfq6mq1kxgxmpmpg71la4f0b9-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/11m3qxg9dc02qm0hv4qsnwdppxic196c-emacs-next-30.0.92-0.881d593
 --enable-fast-install --with-cairo --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
/home/jake/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/gnu/store/11m3qxg9dc02qm0hv4qsnwdppxic196c-emacs-next-30.0.92-0.881d593/share/emacs/30.0.92/lisp
  value of $LANG: en_AU.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix