Subject: Elisp manual: D.8 Conventional Headers for Emacs Libraries, re: 'History'
From: Cena Mayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 May 2025 13:14:28 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Library-Headers.html,

the following statement appears:

>
‘;;; Change Log:’

This begins an optional log of changes to the file over time. Don’t put too
much information in this section—it is better to keep the detailed logs in
a version control system (as Emacs does) or in a separate ChangeLog file. ‘
History’ is an alternative to ‘Change Log’.
However, 'History' is first mentioned in the line above this one (";;;
Commentary:") so suggest it should be defined there, if not on a separate
line.

2)
 > " Here is a table of the conventional possibilities for header-name:"

It's not clearly stated (but perhaps implied) that the header-names
displayed on this page are (currently) the only ones you should use/can be
read by builtin Emacs functions.  Can you make up or define your own?

Best,
C. Mayo