Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] gnu: Add symfpu.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 14:56:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Sören,

thanks a lot for your patch, which I have modified a little bit and
pushed. Next time when you send a v2, could you send the complete patch
set, even those which have (seemingly) not changed? Here for instance
the bitwuzla patch did not apply any more as such, since the context had
changed (the previous line from symfpu ended in "gpl3+))))" instead of
"gpl3))))"). And I think this will also help QA to apply all patches of
the v2.

I have also expanded a bit the descriptions and in particular made them
full sentences. And added a copyright line for you.

For bitwuzla, many of the native-inputs should instead be just regular
inputs (rule of thumb: everything that is just needed during the build,
such as pkg-config for configuring or googletest for the tests, should
be native; when cross-compiling, it is run on the build machine;
whereas libraries against which the project is linked should be regular,
they will be used during, well, the use of the package).

(To be honest, I am not totally sure my split between native and normal
inputs is correct; maybe the header only library symfpu should be a
native input? I have also removed python as an input; the build works
without, and I did not see python related in the output.)

I am closing this issue; please feel free to reopen it if something does
not work as expected.

Andreas