Subject: 31.0.50; find-file not working (cl-remove-if)
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 16:21:04 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*****

find-file command fails to run with:
'completion--file-name-table: Symbol's function definition is void:
cl-remove-if'

I bisected to this commit: 509cbe1c35b3dd005a53ac041f9c87ee53b8e115

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-04-29 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 483762ef2f71b86c7da98082db14e87f58d009d7
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
  'configure 'CFLAGS=-O2 -mtune=native -march=native -s' --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   savehist-mode: t
   vertico-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.2.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250423.1314/transient hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr comp-run bytecomp byte-compile comp-common rx
emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
vertico-sort savehist vertico compat init elec-pair info
ace-window-autoloads cape-autoloads casual-suite-autoloads
casual-avy-autoloads avy-autoloads casual-symbol-overlay-autoloads
casual-autoloads catppuccin-theme-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
doom-themes-autoloads easy-kill-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads gptel-autoloads
hyprlang-ts-mode-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads kkp-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads mini-ontop-autoloads
ninja-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads odin-mode-autoloads
orderless-autoloads org-modern-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads
qml-ts-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads rg-themes-autoloads
selected-window-accent-mode-autoloads show-font-autoloads
sinister-autoloads spacious-padding-autoloads speedrect-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads status-autoloads symbol-overlay-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transient-autoloads unspecified-theme-autoloads
most-faces-autoloads vertico-autoloads visible-mark-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
xah-fly-keys-autoloads yeetube-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads
zig-mode-autoloads early-init g3r-dark-theme rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen
pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77435 124955) (symbols 48 7954 16)
  (strings 32 21344 11702) (string-bytes 1 766974) (vectors 16 11252)
  (vector-slots 8 154701 75695) (floats 8 49 45) (intervals 56 333 13)
  (buffers 992 10))

-- 
German Pacenza