Subject: "aab89b3d ... services: pounce: New service." broke guix pull
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 21:51:56 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Not sure why, but this seems to have broken "guix pull" ... for at least
one other person, too!

commit aab89b3d934b8b17956d9402d35586c944bddd78
Author: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Mar 27 23:25:16 2025 +0900

    services: pounce: New service.

    * gnu/services/messaging.scm (pounce-serialize-boolean):
    (pounce-serialize-string, pounce-serialize-list-of-strings)
    (pounce-serialize-pair, power-of-two?)
    (pounce-serialize-number, pounce-serialize-power-of-two)
    (pounce-serialize-port, pounce-serialize-maybe-boolean)
    (pounce-serialize-maybe-number, pounce-serialize-maybe-pair)
    (pounce-serialize-maybe-port, pounce-serialize-maybe-port
    (pounce-maybe-power-of-two, pounce-serialize-maybe-string)
    (pounce-serialize-maybe-list-of-strings): New procedures.
    (pounce-configuration): New configuration.
    (pounce-activation): New procedure.
    (serialize-pounce-configuration, pounce-wrapper): Likewise.
    (pounce-service-type): New service type.
    * gnu/tests/messaging.scm (ngircd-tls-cert-service-type): New variable.
    (%pounce-os): Likewise.
    (run-pounce-test): New procedure.
    (%test-pounce): New test.
    * doc/guix.texi (Messaging Services): Document it.

    Change-Id: I4bbd2bc4821072a93c2c4017b86df329c4b240cb
    Reviewed-by: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>

builder for `/gnu/store/idsrbbipfb9mlv85088ms7ainhzyqfkq-guix-system-tests.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/idsrbbipfb9mlv85088ms7ainhzyqfkq-guix-system-tests.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/id/srbbipfb9mlv85088ms7ainhzyqfkq-guix-system-tests.drv.gz'.

The log is incredibly unenlightening:

zcat /var/log/guix/drvs/id/srbbipfb9mlv85088ms7ainhzyqfkq-guix-system-tests.drv.gz
[  9/ 50] loading.....   36.0% of 25 files⏎

I swear previous attempts had significantly more lines of similar but
still largely unhelpful information.

live well,
  vagrant