Subject: 31.0.50; M-x man on macOS fails with error
From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 18:27:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce with emacs -Q

M-x man RET ls RET

The man buffer shows

sed: 1: "/^[\o001-\o032][\o001-\ ...": RE error: invalid character range

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.4.0, NS
 appkit-2575.50 Version 15.4.1 (Build 24E263)) of 2025-04-20 built on
 pro2
Repository revision: 6fb2a4691f4d53473c0a326d3a6c23df9008b6e8
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 15.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --cache-file
 /var/folders/1d/k_6t25f94sl83szqbf8gpkrh0000gn/T//config.cache.master
 --enable-checking=yes --with-native-compilation=no CC=clang
 'CFLAGS=-Wgnu-imaginary-constant -Wunused-result -g -g -O0 -F
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks
 -Wno-ignored-attributes -Wno-flag-enum -Wno-missing-method-return-type
 -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-strict-prototypes -Wno-availability
 -Wno-nullability-completeness''

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB