Subject: 31.0.50; Emacs Manual Minor Typo - Files - Image Mode
From: David Recor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2025 17:59:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs Manual Typo
Location: Emacs Manual -> Files -> Image Mode

Issue Summary and fix: Below paragraph I believe the u should be the
command 'image-mode-unmark-file'. 'image-mode-mark-file' was accidently
listed for both commands m and u.

I tried hitting m more than once to see if it also works as a toggle but it
does not appear to unmark, it only marks.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Original text from manual:
   When looking through images, it’s sometimes convenient to be able to
mark the files for later processing (for instance, if you want to select
a group of images to copy somewhere else).  The ‘m’
(‘image-mode-mark-file’) command will mark the current file in any Dired
buffer(s) that display the current file’s directory.  If no such buffer
is open, the directory is opened in a new buffer.  To unmark files, use
the ‘u’ (‘image-mode-mark-file’) command.  Finally, if you just want to
copy the current buffers file name to the kill ring, you can use the ‘w’
(‘image-mode-copy-file-name-as-kill’) command.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2025-03-23 built on NucBoxM7Pro
Repository revision: 9e005e9da06f71441e643f7ecbe309e35f68680a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corporation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Ubuntu 24.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter --with-gif
 --with-png --with-jpeg --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-imagemagick
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT
MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE
XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run
bytecomp byte-compile comp-common rx emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 67038 9213) (symbols 48 6819 0) (strings 32 18235 1357)
 (string-bytes 1 626350) (vectors 16 10850)
 (vector-slots 8 150748 6656) (floats 8 25 1) (intervals 56 278 0)
 (buffers 992 12))