Subject: Re: [bug#76864] [PATCH] services: Integrate gnome-keyring service in gnome-desktop service.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 16:17:42 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> While I agree the naming is a mouthful, I find it necessary to have
>> it descriptive enough that it conveys the odd situation where we are
>> embedding a configuration object in another configuration :-).
>> 
>> So I'd keep it as is, knowing it probably will be seldom typed in a
>> user operating system config file anyway.
> For the field name adding -configuration is fine, but the accessor
> should really be shorter.  Compare slim-configuration-xorg or 
> gdm-configuration-xorg :)

OK, these existing precedents are enough to sway my opinion.  Renamed to
just '-keyring' and pushed!

Thanks for the review.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim