Subject: Re: [bug#76770] [PATCH] gnu: lua: compile with readline support
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], kimapr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2025 15:07:28 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2025-04-03, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Am Tue, Mar 11, 2025 at 05:11:04PM -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:
>> > +               (append (list-head flags
>> > +                                  (- (length flags) 1))
>> > +                       '("linux-readline")))))
>
> Maybe you could replace
> (list-head flags (- (length flags) 1))
> by
> (delete "linux" flags)

Nice suggestion, worked for me!

  $ ./pre-inst-env guix build --max-jobs=2 --dependents [email-masked]
  guix build: computing dependents of package [email-masked]...
  /gnu/store/5y1yakxlfni97f97jnps87agbplzpy5i-lua-5.4.6
  /gnu/store/i5izv9867afhnj5hissfcrp368yg6cgi-wesnoth-1.18.3
  /gnu/store/gk86kl9ba2anmgn3c4b9jmdbx0wh0gy1-wesnoth-server-1.18.3
  /gnu/store/79n34573x0kzddw75fma59x0mjag5lmq-darktable-5.0.1
  /gnu/store/c7b6a1zrcv88vbrvxl6gn6srfv6waqrx-lite-xl-2.1.3

Pushed as 538fc4917f55cb2ab0b7c090de00855fa421db69.

Hopefully my use of Suggested-by/Modified-by make sense there!

live well,
  vagrant