Subject: 31.0.50; tooltip-delay not honored when tooltip-mode is disabled
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 19:17:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From 'emacs -Q': disable tooltip-mode (M-x tooltip-mode RET) and then
move the mouse pointer over the buffer ID (in the mode line).

The tooltip text appears in the echo area immediately (just after the
mouse pointer enters the "buffer ID area").
But IIUC, it should wait a little time (tooltip-delay seconds) before
showing the help text (just like when tooltip-mode is enabled).

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 70, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2025-02-28 built on C11-Q8YAKWONJX0
Repository revision: 68a37760dec83a8126b03bcacc60a96644a6831f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corporation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Ubuntu 24.04.2 LTS

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA
XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Dani Moncayo