Subject: [PATCH 0/4] hplip: Enable network support
From: Lukas Gradl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Lukas Gradl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 11:40:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

currently, our hplip package does not build the network support.  This causes
the following:

* the 'hp-setup' utility does not allow to configure network-connected HP
  printers or all-in-ones.

* printing on network-connected HP printers through hplip (i.e. using a url
  like 'hp:/net/...' for the connection in CUPS) does not work.

* scanning with sane on a network-connected HP all-in-one is not possible
  using a url of the form 'hpaio:/...'.  Such scanners are also not
  automatically found by sane.

The following patch-series fixes these issues by building the network support
in hplip. After reconfiguring my system with these changes I am able to print
and scan using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series all-in-one connected to the
local network.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

best,
Lukas

Lukas Gradl (4):
  gnu: hplip: Update to 3.24.4.
  gnu: hplip: Enable networking.
  gnu: hplip-minimal: Disable networking.
  gnu: sane-backends: Enable hplip network scanners.

 gnu/packages/cups.scm    | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/scanner.scm |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

base-commit: 90ee330bafc5a95493f9cdae2e32ddf740104ebc
--
2.47.1