Subject: 31.0.50; Cannot create bookmark to chained TRAMP connection
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 14:20:20 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-debbugs-cc: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have a role account on a machine where I have to SSH to the machine as
spwhitton and then use sudo to do things as the role account.

I can get to it like this:

    C-x C-f /ssh:t2u-oracle|sudo:tag2upload-oracle@t2u-oracle:~/ RET

This opens a dired buffer, which is a useful place to start working on
the machine.

But if I then use C-x r m to create a bookmark to get back there more
quickly, the bookmark is created with the filename property set to
"/sudo:tag2upload-oracle@t2u-oracle:~/" which is wrong, as visiting that
bookmark would try to access an account on localhost.

I can work around this problem by manually editing my bookmarks file.

Thanks.

-- 
Sean Whitton