Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: maxima: Compile with ecl instead of sbcl.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Cc: vicvbcun <[email-masked]>, Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>, Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>, Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 21:29:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

I have, as suggested by Guillaume, kept an additional (hidden)
maxima-ecl package. Everything is pushed to master now.

Just calling "sage" fails in my home profile with an error message of
ipython; I think this may be related to (unknown to me) propagated
Python packages. "guix shell -C sage" and then "sage" inside the shell
works without problems. "sage -n" also works directly from my home
profile and opens a web browser with a sage jupyter notebook.

There are tons of optional packages that are not (yet) added to the sage
package. I would prefer to do so when there is a request. So if you come
along a sage script that does not run, please come back to me or, better
yet, propose a patch. As before, I would suggest to also present a sage
snippet that shows that the new feature is available whenever we add
something.

Thanks a lot for being so reactive and giving useful feedback,

Andreas