Subject: Installer adds "nss-certs" to generated operating-system packages list, but it is included in %base-packages
From: Laurence Rochfort <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2025 20:11:03 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Guix System was installed via guix-system-install-1.4.0.x86_64-linux.iso

Running "guix system reconfigure" produces this message:

"guix system: warning: multiple 'nss-certs' packages found;
'nss-certs' is now included by default in '%base-packages'; ensure it
is not explicitly listed in the operating system 'packages' field"

The config.scm generated by the graphical installer has the following
packages section:

 (packages (append (list (specification->package "i3-wm")
                          (specification->package "i3status")
                          (specification->package "dmenu")
                          (specification->package "st")
                          (specification->package "emacs")
                          (specification->package "emacs-exwm")
                          (specification->package
                           "emacs-desktop-environment")
                          (specification->package "nss-certs"))
                    %base-packages))

Removing the "(specification->package "nss-certs")" line fixes the
problem, but perhaps the installer needs to be updated to no longer
add nss-certs?

--
Laurence