Subject: gnupg update to 2.4.7 causing guix build -K seahorse to fail
From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 17:52:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I believe the commit:
  64d95c78e3 2024-12-29 gnu: gnupg: Update to 2.4.7.
causes guix build --keep-failed seahorse to fail. The build log shows:

../seahorse-43.0/meson.build:52:22: ERROR: Command
`/tmp/guix-build-seahorse-43.0.drv-0/seahorse-43.0/build-aux/gpg_check_version.py
/gnu/store/bsp4vbhqpzajsdmg2k21l1lalainqasd-gnupg-2.4.7/bin/gpg 2.2.0
2.3.0` failed with status 1.

When rerun on my system, I get:
/tmp/guix-build-seahorse-43.0.drv-0/seahorse-43.0/build-aux/gpg_check_version.py
/gnu/store/bsp4vbhqpzajsdmg2k21l1lalainqasd-gnupg-2.4.7/bin/gpg 2.2.0
2.3.0
2.4.7

From casually looking at gpg_check_version.py, it appears to check
whether the available GPG version is between 2.2.0 and 2.3.0, so 2.4.7
fails that check.

Cheers
Bost