Subject: 29.4; go-ts-mode.el: wrong indentation inside var list
From: Roi Martin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 16:40:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using the Go tree-sitter grammar v0.23.4 from
https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go.git, indentation inside
var lists does not work correctly.

For instance, the following code is indented as:

```
var (
one = 1
)
```

Instead of:

```
var (
        one = 1
)
```

Just in case it can help, I think this stopped working with grammar
version `v0.21.1`, that introduced `var_spec_list`:

https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go/compare/v0.21.0...v0.21.1

Please, take it with a pinch of salt because I'm not very familiar with
tree-sitter.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-10-10 built on
 4825182c94fc4195b65c80c30f523a16
System Description: Fedora Linux 41 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --runstatedir=/run
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-gpm=no --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-sqlite3 --with-tiff --with-tree-sitter --with-webp --with-xpm
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,-z,now
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -Wl,--build-id=sha1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-package-notes '
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Go

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  denote-menu-bar-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/n/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250103.1731/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils yank-media
markdown-mode color noutline outline time-date files-x find-dired grep
eglot external-completion array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace find-func flymake-proc flymake thingatpt compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color imenu go-ts-mode treesit
dired-aux denote xref project ring comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra
help-mode server rx dired dired-loaddefs icomplete cus-edit pp cus-load
icons wid-edit easy-mmode clang-rename clang-include-fixer let-alist
clang-format xml denote-autoloads elfeed-autoloads forge-autoloads
closql-autoloads emacsql-autoloads geiser-chez-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads ghub-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads tmr-autoloads
transient-autoloads treepy-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads yaml-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads reformatter-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 198588 19413)
 (symbols 48 16484 6)
 (strings 32 50057 3480)
 (string-bytes 1 1645981)
 (vectors 16 31794)
 (vector-slots 8 605866 18429)
 (floats 8 196 642)
 (intervals 56 753 136)
 (buffers 984 20))