Subject: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS)
From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 18:17:51 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

I was using Emacs and encountered a crash.

I am running on macOS, and I built Emacs from scratch/igc using the
instructions on that branch.

I didn’t have Emacs running under a debugger, but I do have some crash
information captured by macOS. (See attached.)

At the time, I was trying to use apropos-documentation. I invoked the
command once, entered a string, and hit RET, and it signaled an error. I
tried to do this again and Emacs crashed.

I hope this is useful. Please let me know if there’s any other
information I can collect.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.2.0, NS
appkit-2575.30 Version 15.2 (Build 24C101)) of 2024-12-17 built on
beatrix.local
Repository revision: 51f028396c1d933f89b3f4a554ece7594d0f7c48
Repository branch: scratch/igc
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --with-modules --with-native-compilation
--with-libgmp --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3 --with-mps=yes
--without-imagemagick --without-dbus CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/include
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/lib
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/homebrew/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  flymake-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  mood-line-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-4.1.1/magit-autorevert hides /Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-4.1.1/magit-autorevert
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.8.0/theme-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.7.7/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort visual-fill-column mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils orderless comp-run comp-common
rx mood-line-segment-checker time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt help-mode
flymake project compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
warnings ffap url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache url-vars recentf tree-widget elec-pair anzu advice
thingatpt marginalia vertico compat savehist indent-aux pixel-scroll
cua-base ring mood-line ef-winter-theme ef-themes exec-path-from-shell
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile info anzu-autoloads
cape-autoloads company-autoloads denote-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
git-auto-commit-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
mood-line-autoloads orderless-autoloads puni-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads symbol-overlay-autoloads
transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
vundo-autoloads wgrep-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
ws-butler-autoloads spd-autoloads cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile mps emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0) (vectors 24 0)
(vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0) (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))