Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Possibly build hypre without doxygen and LaTeX doc
From: Luca Cirrottola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Luca Cirrottola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2024 21:16:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,
The hypre package builds its "doc" output by default, bringing texlive
into the dependency graph of packages using hypre, and possibly breaking
their compilation due to errors in building the hypre documentation (see
bug 74672). I would like to also have the possibility to build hypre
without doxygen and latex documentation.

This patch is an attempt to solve my problem by splitting the package
into two variants, one without documentation ("hypre-sans-doc") and one
with ("hypre"). Also, a "hypre-openmpi-sans-doc" is added besides
"hypre-openmpi".

Thus, two new packages are introduced ("hypre-sans-doc" and
"hypre-openmpi-sans-doc") without modifying the expected behaviour of
the original "hypre" and "hypre-openmpi" packages.

I would have loved to simply generate the "hypre-openmpi-sans-doc"
package by modifying the "inherit" field of "hypre-openmpi", but I have
not been able to do it with package transformation options. I would be
grateful for any suggestion to reduce code redundancy in my patch, as
well as for any better solution that could achieve the same objective
(the possibility to build hypre without doc).

Luca Cirrottola (1):
  Add a hypre-sans-doc package, make hypre inherit from it, and add a
    variant hypre-openmpi-sans-doc.

 gnu/packages/maths.scm | 131 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 85 insertions(+), 46 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1