Subject: 31.0.50; Another rsvg API change
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2024 17:42:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This is not a bug (yet) per se but here is a new warning I get from
compiling Emacs with librsvg version 2.59.2:

  CC       image.o
image.c: In function 'svg_load_image':
image.c:12360:3: warning: 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf' is deprecated: Use 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_and_error' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
12360 |   pixbuf = rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (rsvg_handle);
      |   ^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg.h:1332,
                 from image.c:11652:
/usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg-pixbuf.h:55:12: note: declared here
   55 | GdkPixbuf *rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (RsvgHandle *handle);
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6, X toolkit) of
 2024-11-29 built on computer
Repository revision: a52ad71cc5d036f1973ff2e504e45992fec3fc04
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#458 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-8.1.0/prj hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/gpr-query-1.0.4/prj
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug org-agenda cus-start on-screen
org-indent autoconf autoconf-mode oc-basic org-element org-persist
org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs reveal jka-compr tar-mode view conf-mode css-mode
sgml-mode facemenu imenu eww vtable mule-util url-queue mm-url sh-script
smie treesit executable vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn erlang tempo
align vc-dir ewoc whitespace macrostep-c cmacexp vc-git diff-mode
track-changes gnus-dired vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view log-edit add-log
pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher debbugs-browse bug-reference make-mode time
battery desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme ef-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util range sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf
grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
compat slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
ada-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads gpr-query-autoloads
gnat-compiler-autoloads guru-mode-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads info
wisi-autoloads xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 964347 636120) (symbols 48 54773 7)
 (strings 32 259457 38112) (string-bytes 1 6534665)
 (vectors 16 155489) (vector-slots 8 2164039 45468) (floats 8 604 125)
 (intervals 56 24628 204) (buffers 992 167))

-- 
Manuel Giraud